Old October 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Norwegian Cruise Lines NCL, Dawn and Sun

In article , Peg
Caldwell-Ott wrote:

(2) Call from the comfort of your cabin in the mornings to make
reservations for the evening. The number on the Dawn is 9930.

Do that and have a choice of 5:30 or 9:30 PM.

How is this "Freestyle Cruising"? Well, even for popular restaurants
at home, you have to make reservations, right? And, you still have the
freedom to eat when you like and where you like--it only requires a
little advance planning--just like making your selections for Shore
Excursions!!.

At home I can pick really good restaurants. On the NCL Dawn the food is
generally below average. The ones that charge are almost equal to a
meal that is included on other cruise lines like Carnival.

Basis for information: 3 previous cruises on the Dawn and 4 on the
Spirit. We ADORE freestyle and will probably not go back to anything
less in the future!!

To each their own. NCL's implementation of open seating is poor. I
will avoid NCL unless some friends drag me onboard.

--
Charles