Old December 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sophie Tucker

Default fleet standards

On Dec 10 2011 10:45 PM, Gadget World wrote:

The differences between ships amenities may seem unimportant, but very
frequent cruisers, get to like those amenities and miss them when they
are not there.

I met lots of the highest level of cruisers on board that commented on
missing canopies on the repeater party and less expensive champagne for
the top travel couple etc.

When waiters and dining room captains were questioned they blamed this
and other cutbacks on head office and said they were afraid to do any
extras as they may loose their job!

I remember when the staff felt they couldn't do enough for the passenger
to get great comments on the comment form, now they are in a "catch-22'
between management wanting them to get good msrks, by doing with less.

Gadget

I can understand the plight of those poor cruisers like you who were
deprived of their "canopies" when they were attempting to gorge themselves
during a free gathering. We prefer to wait for dinner instead of the
canapés that may be offered on the kind of cruise you would sail on.

-----*