Old April 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Don't set sail on a cruise without doing some research first

[ Snipped Roger Robertson's views on why you need a travel agent.]

While I personally think you should book the boat cruise thru TA myself, I
also agree then you can find far better travel deals to and from the port by
yourself over the internet.

But this so-called report by Roger Robertson seems to be written by someone
who has not used the internet for more than ten hours per year.

Example "If you go to the Internet, nobody's going to respond to you," a
statement that has lots of irony when I am reading it in R.T.C. where
sometimes the problem is the large number of and range of responses.

He seems to not know about the large number of websites not belonging to the
cruise lines where you will find reviews of just about every ship out there.
Nor about the forums on many of these sites too.

Many/Most/Maybe all problems the honeymooners had also occur when you book a
resort, a hotel, or out-of-country honeymoon without doing the research
first. I remember in the carribean resort usenet group that some honeymoon
couple booked a resort that turned out to be a sex-partying place with
unknown couples mating on thier balcony (yuch!).

Basicly, the article seemed to try and make it look like there are special
problems with cruises but all I see is a lack preparation like all too many
couples caught up in the thrill of thier up coming marriage.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
Cruising, building a Catamaran, Rebuilding Cabin, New Peroxide Still Design,
Writting SF, Programming FOSS - What happened to the time?