Old March 2nd, 2014, 06:34 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence T. Akutagawa

Default transfer costs SF

"KB" wrote in message ...

"retrosorter" wrote in message
I'm taking a cruise to Alaska in June and the tour company will charge
$116 transfer charges to and fro from SF Airport to Pier 35. As I'm going
with another person I think going by taxi would be considerably cheaper.
Am I right?

Figure about $50 each way before tip - not a big difference in cost. Bart
would be $12 ... good if you're traveling fairly light.

******************
[The asterisks separate my response from the foregoing]

From SFO to the Embarcadero Station via BART is $8.65 as per
http://www.bart.gov/tickets/calculator . So purchase a $10.00 ticket and
consider the $1.35 to part of the "cost."

Once you arrive at the Embarcadero Station, go to the street level and catch
the Muni F line to the stop closest to Pier 35. The piers are clearly
identified, so position yourself on the bay side of the streetcar so as to
view the piers as you go by. Muni will cost you $2.00 as per
http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/...t/fares-passes .

Of course, the assumption is that you have no more than two pieces of easily
handled luggage and that you arrive at non commute times.