Old September 16th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Gregory Morrow

Cudex wrote:

I'm from Australia and will be travelling across the USA this Xmas
holidays and was wondering what the situation is like in the States on
Xmas Day in Chicago. Will anything be open, can I have an Xmas
dinner/lunch at large hotel?

Go to www.chowhound.com and post your query on the Chicago board. You'll
get lots of good advice. As it gets closer to the season, you can also
check out www.metromix.com , a local Chicago dining and entertainment guide.
Lots of good info...

The better hotels (Ritz - Carlton, Four Seasons, Peninsula, Drake,
Swissotel, etc.- all located in the North Michigan Avenue area) put on quite
a nice Christmas "spread", either buffet - style or a la carte. More and
more people dine out on Christmas today in order to eschew all the hard work
and time it takes to put on a holiday dinner at home...

--
Best
Greg