Old March 4th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Raffi Balmanoukian

Default Air NZ crew heads home alone after LA suicide

in article , Tarla at
wrote on 3/3/04 8:56 PM:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:04:06 GMT, Raffi Balmanoukian

Aaah, I get you now. Yes, the 12th in the civilized world.

You're both mistaken. Here in NZ it's called the ground floor. But in
the US, it's called the 1st floor. Floors are numbered. Even the
basements are numbered b1, b2, b3 etc. I always get confused here and
say "I'm going to the 2nd floor." when I mean the first floor off the
ground...since most I've met here call the first floor, the ground
floor.
Tarla
****
A word to the wise is infuriating.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Nup....in non-N.A. counting, the "regular" 13th floor would be the 12th
(ground + 12 stories). So the 14th would be the 13th in non-NA
counting....and since 13 is a no-no, 13 becomes 12.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I've actually been in
many American buildings and seen for myself. Have you?

for good or for bad, yeah....we number 'em the same here....