Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default CyberFlying???

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

The idea that there are thousands of terrorists out there with
their minds set on how to overcome airport security and blow up
airplanes is probably imaginary.

It's held up so we remain scared and accept all kinds of
infringements we would never tolerate otherwhhise.

The various information-systems that have been connected to air travel
in the name of "security" have really been an aid to various levels of
gov't in terms of being able to track the movement of people and
maintain a record of travel. Even more than just where you're flying
from and to, and the dates, they're collecting info on meal preference,
how you paid (credit-card numbers), telephone contact numbers and e-mail
addresses associated with your electronic (and sometimes paperless)
ticket, etc.

The IRS in particular makes use of such records in their never-ending
battle to insure that no dollar of income goes un-taxed.

The increasingly onerous physical searching that goes on in airports
under the guise of "making flying safer" are primarily designed to
detect the movement of wealth (paper currency and other negotiable
bills, gem stones, etc) as well as drugs. These are illegal searches
without cause or legal warrant.