Old December 15th, 2004, 05:33 AM
HDawson228

Interesting that not many years ago the bad old Soviet Union suppressed
religious worship or expression and we valued our religious heritage. Instead
they celebrated Winter Festival. Today it seems to have reversed. Schools
that will not allow a Christmas carol to be play in the "Holiday" concert.
Today on the news, one high school had to back down because the one person that
objected to Christmas carols being played revoked his objection. Reminds me of
when Berkley, California just a few days after 9-11 told the fire department
that they would not be allowed to fly the American flag on the fire trucks.
Christmas is and always has been a religious day of celebration. It does not
put down other beliefs in any respect. It is not Winter festival or anyother
name some would give it. To call it something else is a lie.