Old May 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_1_]

Default Chautauqua Institute

On 5/24/2007 8:46 AM sechumlib exclaimed:
On 2007-05-24 03:24:01 -0400, Patty Winter ) said:

In article k.net,
Brian K wrote:

What is the Chautauqua Institute? Is it one of those fancy drug rehabs
for rich folk? Just wondering...

Heavens, no! Perhaps you've already taken a moment to look it up
yourself, but in case not, It's a 100-year-plus-old center for
the education of body and mind. Around the turn of the century
(the previous one), chautauquas were a *huge* pheonomenon
across the country, with thousands and thousands of people
attending lectures, concerts, etc. Read up on it sometime;
it's interesting. Besides the original center in NY, there's
also still a chautauqua organization in Boulder, Colorado.

Known for classical music and other fine arts, accompanied by the
Christian religion in LARGE doses.

So then it is a rehab, just not a drug rehab. ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera