Old October 17th, 2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

Default Demand that Obama release his college records! Where is the media?

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:10:08 -0700, mrtravel wrote:

First you said "impossible" and now you back down?
Over 90 percent? I doubt it. I would have to see evidence of that.

I meant to give the impression of very difficult to flunk out rather
than absolutely impossible. Anything is possible.

And I'm not going to go back and research articles from years ago for
you.

You mentioned Yale. The class of 2008 was accepted at a rate of 9.9
percent of applicants. Additionally, a higher percentage of more
intelligent people would apply to Yale. Do you think most people, who
had successful academic careers before going to Yale would tend to be
drop outs? Additionally, I suspect this is also true of Harvard.
Also, the retention rates are higher now than they were when Obama
attended. The schools are more selective now.

They were pretty selective back then also. It isn't particularly easy
to get into the service academies either and many who might otherwise
be good candidates choose not to apply because o the obligations
involved. At Ivy League schools, the grounds for separation are far
different than at service academies. I doubt if students at
non-military schools would be subject to expulsion for having sex in
the dorms, for example.

So, you have doubts that Obama is intelligent?
Compare Obama with Bush. Can you not tell there is a difference in
intelligence? It's a bit harder with McCain, but Obama still appears to
be brighter.

I think Obama is intelligent although I think his intelligence may in
different areas than McCain's. However, I'm not sure how intelligent
Obama is and that is a problem with affirmative action. How do we know
if he would have gotten in on his own or not?

However, what I said was that I wanted to see his college thesis. You
turned it into a discussion of what his intelligence level is. That
wasn't why I wanted to know about it.

I would, however, be curious how he became editor of the Law Review
without ever writing an article for it. That is what I have read. If
that information can be shown incorrect, I'll stand corrected although
when I have said it previously, nobody else has been able to do so.