Old June 28th, 2009, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
MI

Default planning a month is Oz

On 6/28/09 11:43 AM, in article , "Hiram"
wrote:

Cheers Joseph for the info. I will apply for an ETA Tourist Visa in the
next few days.

I've, until now, always liked to draw cash on my credit card abroad, its
safe, and not my money if something goes wrong at the ATM. Even thought
it is more expensive. Maybe I will change that this time.

I guessed the train would take a long time, I've used Amtrak a lot in
the US, and they aren't that quick either. I'm in no real hurry. I
just love to travel and see things, its all part of the experience for me.

To use an Aussie colloquialism, no worries on checking vs chequeing. I
knew what you meant.

When I went to Australia in 2007 from Canada, I didn't pay for my ETA. The
travel agent gave it to me when I picked up my ticket. No it wasn't hidden.
When I asked about paying for it, she was surprised. Must have been included
in the plane ticket or something.

--
Martha Canada
..