Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:38 AM
WamLm

The "native" ulu blades are usually made from used circular saw blades which
are usually some sort of carbon steel. Not sure this will help but perhaps
there is a trade or school outlet you might research on the web.

Hope this helped.

wrote in message
oups.com...
We will be hitting the three popular ports in Alaska next week. I will
be looking for a good and AUTHANTIC Ulu knife.

I know that if the blade is stamped, "Made in China" or
"Stainless Steel" the odds are it's a piece of junk and made to
sit on a windowsill.

Is there a store or person who is known for selling good high carbon
blade Ulu's?