Old August 30th, 2016, 09:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim...[_2_]

Default Rhein cruises

"Erilar" wrote in message
poldy wrote:

Some people have rationalized cruises, not river cruises, as being
cheaper if you consider that cost of accommodations and transportation
over a similar period, not to mention the included meals.

Convenience more than cost.

you can get that same convenience on a normal holiday just eating in the
Hotel restaurant each night (some hotels base their prices on expecting it),

But I personally don't do this, I like to go out and experience a different
restaurant each day, it adds rather than detracts from a holiday

And those onboard activities sound hellish, forced participation in
activities when presumably your main interest is to tour the cities.

I'm very good at avoiding forced participation.

but you will have already pre-paid for it, even if you don't use it

or in the case of the bar service that you aren't using, pay for it via the
compulsory tip

tim