Old September 13th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Dave

Default Hawaii time of year

In the early sixties I spent two years on Oahu and found the only time
that could be considered bad was in January. It rained a lot at
Schofield Barracks in January. I'm not sure if it rained on the beach
or at lower levels during that time, but we got soaked. The rest of the
year Hawaii had the most pleasant climate I have seen. I now reside in
New England and the common quote here is, "I really need the change of
seasons." Well, I saw Santa Claus come in on a surf board, two years in
a row. I truly believe the lack of the seasons has something to say
too. My wife and I were going to cruise to Hawaii earlier this year,
but the cruise was cancelled. When I considered a time to go, I simply
looked for a time when the youngsters were still in school. I love the
kids, but I have been there and done that and I can be selfish for
eleven days if I want to.

I believe Hawaii, any of the islands, are the kinds of places where you
can get off the boat, rent a car and just travel around for as long as
you have.

Enjoy

Dave

wrote:
What is the best time of year to go to Hawaii? We are not able to snorkle
and scuba because of health conditions, but we would really like to stay
around the beach and see the interior. We would like to go when the
temperature is fairly mild.

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

Thanks,
Richard