Old September 13th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Mason Barge

Default Hawaii time of year

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:23:20 GMT, wrote:

What is the best time of year to go to Hawaii? We are not able to snorkle
and scuba because of health conditions, but we would really like to stay
around the beach and see the interior. We would like to go when the
temperature is fairly mild.

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

Thanks,
Richard

Hawaii (and I think all tropical islands and much tropical mainland,
at least near the ocean) is tropical and the temperature does not vary
from month to month. The daily high and low in August is pretty much
the same as December -- maybe 5 degrees warmer, something like that.

What does vary is rainfall. The rainy season in Hawaii is winter
(November-February or March). The best time to go is just after the
rainy season ends, so you get clear sunny days but the scenery is lush
and green from all the rain.

So I would say April-June would be best.

Hawaii also has a lot of microclimates, including the rainiest place
on earth.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln