Old September 14th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Brenda

Default Hawaii time of year

The locals ride F150 pick ups doing 70 on the W Maui Mtn RT 30 (single
lane road) and do not fear going over the 1000 foot drop since the
tourist shifts into reverse very fast.

Horseback riding is basically up in the mountains & the locals do ride
in Lahaina, Wailea & especially Hana plenty, since there are hundred
of ranches including Kris Kristofferson & the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut
man "Gomer Pyle" aka
Jim Nabors as well as George Harrison (his is the Japanese Pagoda in
black iron). Harleys are also very big in Hana as well as the cute
"rent a dog" with a picnic basket. The dog knows Hana & tells you
with his excitement where to stop to play. The greatest winery is at
the end with rasberry wine, pineapple wine, passionfruit wine & a
great blush champagne at $40/bottle.

Mason Barge wrote in message . ..
On 14 Sep 2003 04:39:14 -0700, (Brenda)
wrote:

We own property on Maui & are in Maui every February for a few weeks.
With the humpback whales there with us for great entertainment either
on a $19 cruise to watch them or from our balcony on 9-12 (it changes
yearly) it is one of the most eductional & enjoyable times to be in
Hawaii (DEC-APRIL). Temps are high 70's to low 80's, up on Haleakala
it is 32-28 a few times we've had snow. On the Big Island of Hawaii
they ski year round on Mauna Kea, then go surfing.

So there is plenty to do in Hawaii, Oahu I find too commercial to
enjoy.

Okay, color me jealous

I was first in Maui in 1970. People were riding horses in downtown
Hana -- is it still like that?

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln