Old November 4th, 2006, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Crabman

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

wrote:
We decided to buy our first cruise:
place - Caribbean, time - December, we found too many nice cruises and
now we are confused what is the best for us? We need some help....

We have three types:
1) 7-night Caribbean-Western - from Miami with Royal Caribbean -
Voyager of the Seas
- Labadee, Haiti
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Cozumel

We have a lot of questions, we are under 30, we would like to see a
lot, we like snorkeling, exotic places, good fun etc. It will be our
honeymoon, but we want to spend it in active way. We don't want to
spend all day on the beach.
Do You think 1st cruise for 10 nights isn't too long for first timers??
Is it better to take 7 nights?

Eve

Eve, My family has only been on 4 Cruises so far. I can tell you this,
we are hooked for life!
My recommendations would be:

..7 days on your first cruise
..Go to Grand Cayman and book a snorkel trip with Captain Marvins to swim
with the stingrays(THIS CAN NOT BE MISSED, and has been one of the
greatest experiences of our lives. No Joke.)
..Go with an open mind as to what to expect and you will be amazed at how
enjoyable cruising is.(like being royalty for a week)

Just my perspective!

Clay