Old September 30th, 2008, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Mel[_5_]

Default Brisbane Flu

"DerekF" wrote in message
Planning our second trip to OZ and read in the British media about a
massive Flu outbreak over there. Is it over yet?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-hundreds.html
Derek.

Derek, that is one of the most alarmist articles I've read in a very long
time. What it doesn't mention is the most of the deaths were elderly
patients who are at risk from influenza regardless of the strain.

The flu season wasn't anywhere near as bad this winter and it's basically
over now the weather is getting (very) warm. So if you're coming here before
our winter 09, the worst you're likely to get is bad sunburn.

Happy planning and have a great trip.
Mel