Old September 30th, 2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

Default Brisbane Flu

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 00:58:56 +0100, "DerekF"
wrote:

Planning our second trip to OZ and read in the British media about a massive
Flu outbreak over there. Is it over yet?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-hundreds.html
Derek.

Hogwash alarmism.

First I've heard of it.

I live a little over 100km from Brisbane and visit the city
every couple of months. My brother lives in the Brisbane
suburbs.

There has been no more comment on flu in the Courier Mail or
the Gold Coast Bulletin than during any other winter; nor
has there been any significant change in the normal run of
coughs, colds and flu of those I know.

The only cold I've had myself this year was picked up in
Jordan, I got over it in Egypt and got a second lot of
sniffles in snowy London in early April. But nary a sign of
a sniffle back here.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...