Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

Default Brisbane Flu

That won't matter at all - since in fact there is no flu epidemic in
Australia at the moment.

The 'Brisbane' strain mentioned in the Mail article was a problem in
calendar 2007. There was just the usual minor flu increase in the just
finished 2008 winter (and flu season).

It's 34C in Sydney today. Summer comes hard and early in Australia.

Just be sure you have your SPF 15+ sunscreen.

"Gerrit" wrote in message

"DerekF" wrote in message

We are having our annual flu jabs on Monday:-) So roll on OZ.

Could it be that the flu jabs you will receive (wherever you are) are
against different strains of flu than the ones running around Oz at the
moment?