Old January 9th, 2006, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Bus to eastern Europe

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:38:00 -0500, "Sarah Banick"
wrote:

"george" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wonder if anyone has taken a bus to eastern Europe (particularly from
Germany or comparable) and their experiences. Would you recommend it,
and how is such an over 24 hour journey by bus? I know that for many
destinations a discount airline will be much cheaper and much quicker,
but the buses go to a lot of places these airlines don't fly to, and
the prices are fairly low.

Thanks in advance for your response.

George

I've ridden a number of busses in Croatia, Bosnia, and Turkey. Not for 24
hours at a time, thank god; never more than nine. Depends on what you mean
by recommend -- in some cases, there isn't really a choice. The train lines
in Eastern Europe were never developed to the extent they were in Western
Europe.

Except they do seem to actually work well, unlike British and Italian
ones. I found the Romanian trains to be oddly reliable, to the nearest
minute almost!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com