Old July 7th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Des Small

Rita writes:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 04:51:58 -0700, Go Fig wrote:

My heartfelt condolences... the elation of the "Games" to this very low
point.

As a New Yorker, my condolences as well. I love London and
hearing about the destruction, deaths, injuries and the fear
that Londoners will experience as a result for a long time
to come makes me ill.

With all due respect, ******** to that. I was planning to go up to
London tomorrow, and if the trains are running I still will.

I know people there will respond with courage, just as New Yorkers
did to 9/11.

As did Madrid, of course. But the Spanish had ETA and Britain had the
IRA - the New York attacks "changed the world" partly because America
was relatively inexperienced at being attacked by terrorists.

Des