Old September 10th, 2006, 12:20 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush,uk.politics.misc
chuck_whealton

Default From janitors to managers, Miami airport employees are watching you

mrtravel wrote:
Chuck Whealton wrote:

Berm, I have to ask why this is a problem. One day when you're flying
it may have been that janitor that kept the aircraft that you or a
loved one are traveling on from being blown up.

It's a shame, but this is the world we now live in. We've seen what
those who don't agree with our way of life can do to us if we're not
careful. Unfortunately, I don't believe the dislike of America (right,
wrong, or inbetween) is going to end anytime soon.

Why would this bother you?

You're kidding, right?
Would you like to see a cop on every street corner with an Uzi?
I would bet that would cut down on street crime.

Would you like the government or janitors to read all of your mail, or
are you just comfortable watching you in the airport john. Should they
be permitted in the stalls? After all, if I am mixing bomb ingredients
in a public lav, I am not going to do it in plain view of everyone.

Mr. Travel, I'm sorry. This stuff tends to bother me less than a lot
of people. We're all entitled to our own opinions - it's one of the
good things about living in our country.

I have more of an interest in not seeing innocent people murdered and
I'm willing to give up some of my privacy for it. I'm not saying
you're a bad person for not wanting to give up yours, I'm just saying
that I have no problem with it for myself.

So how about it, Mr. Travel. Would you prefer to see a loved one blown
up on an aircraft to preserve your privacy, or would you prefer to have
the would-be assailant pointed out by the janitor?

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com