Old September 10th, 2006, 06:07 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush,uk.politics.misc
mrtravel[_1_]

Default From janitors to managers, Miami airport employees are watchingyou

Morton Davis wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message
m...

Chuck Whealton wrote:

Berm, I have to ask why this is a problem. One day when you're flying
it may have been that janitor that kept the aircraft that you or a
loved one are traveling on from being blown up.

It's a shame, but this is the world we now live in. We've seen what
those who don't agree with our way of life can do to us if we're not
careful. Unfortunately, I don't believe the dislike of America (right,
wrong, or inbetween) is going to end anytime soon.

Why would this bother you?

You're kidding, right?
Would you like to see a cop on every street corner with an Uzi?
I would bet that would cut down on street crime.

Would you like the government or janitors to read all of your mail, or
are you just comfortable watching you in the airport john. Should they
be permitted in the stalls? After all, if I am mixing bomb ingredients
in a public lav, I am not going to do it in plain view of everyone.\

Where did you see trhe reason in making a leap from janitors keeping a
weather eye out to cops with Uzis on every street corner?

What do you mean by "weather eye"? I would expect them to already
paying attention to anything that seems out of place. How much more are
they going to do? Regarding the "police on every corner" comment, why is
that such a leap? After all, if we are willing be so cautious about the
smallest possibilities of danger, why not be more cautious about the
larger possibilies of danger? Why not ban cigarettes? Hundreds of
thousands of people die every year in the US from smoking. Surely this
is a greater cause than preventing the much smaller number of people
that would be expected to die in a terror incident on a US aircraft per
year.

In these times it behooves all of us to be more cautious. Do YOU approve opf
the Clinton administration's FBI NOT investigating concerned citizens'
reports of a group of arab men who were taking pilot training but weren't
interested in learning to take off or land? After all, one of them might
have been the janitor of the flight school.....

If they thought there was something important about it, then I would
expcect them to tell someone. However, I doubt the annectdotal
information regarding takeoffs and landing only instruction.