Old March 13th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Rick

Actually, my wife is Chinese and speaks both mandarin and cantonese, so
booking tickets locally at the last minute will not be a problem if chinese
language comprehension is a problem. I was more concerned with booking
ahead, as we will be traveling to this particular area around the first week
of October, which is again is holiday period. As Peter Neville-Hadley
suggested earlier, I have seen advertised prices vary by 100%.

Since my wife can read Chinese, I suppose I could also download and install
a Chinese language pack on my computer, but I have been hesitant to do so.
Perhaps I am over-concerned about downloading a virus or some other
malicious infection. It appears Microsoft is no longer making free language
packs available, and I know of no commercial and reliable products. I am
wondering if there is a reliable site to download a Chinese language pack?
Thanks for responding.

rg