Old March 14th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Miguel Cruz

Rick wrote:
I believe there have been occasions that I have seen what you speak about,
but I it was not evident to me the download was from Microsoft. If not, how
can I trust the content not that the proposal is also a valid Microsoft
utility? Thanks.

Perhaps you could start by triggering it at a site you find trustworthy.
Maybe the Chinese-language site of an international company like IBM or DHL
or British Airways or something.

Also, I think that at some point in the process it will tell you who has
packaged the bundle it's trying to install. I would think that Microsoft's
software would have some cryptographic mechanism in place for validating
that somethin gdownloaded in fact comes from Microsoft.

But to be honest, things like this are the reasons that I don't personally
use Windows.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia, Israel, Palestine, Austria, Thailand