Old June 14th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Martin

Default "Non-standard" beach vacation destinations on E Coast?

Go camping in Asoteaque or Chinitique islands. And I am sure I mispelled
the names of those places, but it should be close.

Try Assateague and Chincoteague. :-)

I concur. Both places are next to each other on Virginia's Eastern
Shore. Assateague is the home of the wild ponies described in the
classic children's book, "Misty of Chincoteague". Plenty of nature
and beach on Assateague. Chinco is a quiet fishing village for most
of the year but hosts the annual "Pony Swim", I believe during the 4th
of July, that is a major attraction. Going the other way (literally),
just west of Chincoteague Island is NASA's Wallops Flight Facility
that hosts an aeronautical research airport, satellite tracking
facility, and research rocket launching site. Wallops has a very
interesting Visitors Center for the public.

Martin