Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
flyer

Default Airport Terminal Pack

Got the recently released Universal 4-DVD Airport series. Was watching Airport
and Airport 79 The Concorde last night. The Concorde especially was good for
many laughs. I can't believe they could have ever made put out a film so
riddled with inaccuracies for worldwide audiences. Granted, most general
audiences' knowledge of aviation is nearly zero. I remember watching The
Concorde as a kid because it was a movie about an airplane, yay! Couldn't care
less about all the huge gaffes. Last night I watched it as a comedy, though.
Couldn't stop laughing. That landing in a ski slope in the Alps on the way from
Paris to Moscow truly stretches the limits of credibility. And no airliner
flying a commercial route from Paris to Moscow would be anywhere near the Alps
to begin with. Anyway, the whole campy 4-movie set is worth it just for the
laughs. If you watch them as a comedy, they're delightful.