Old June 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Josef Kleber

Default When in the US...

Am 17.06.2013 11:32, schrieb Martin:
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:08:23 +0200, Josef Kleber
wrote:

Am 17.06.2013 10:06, schrieb Martin:
Even real Rheinheit Verbot German beer? I'm allergic to chemical beer.
I get nasty stomach pains from drinking even very small quantities

Reinheits*ge*bot, i'm hoping! ;-)
Your version sounds like there's no water from river Rhine allowed in
german beer! ;-)

LOL thanks for correcting my awful German.

Here's one to amuse you http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/reinheit.htm
Does he believe that the DDR still exists or is it a very old website.

It's only 23+ years! He's mostly talking about Reinheitsgebot is no
matter of quality per se. That's quite visionary insight! ;-)
Today, the Reinheitsgebot is more a handicap for german breweries. It
limits the variety of beers they can offer.

I thought that only we in Zuid Holland deliberately drank Rhine water.

AFAIK, a lot of cities along the river "produce" most of their water of
Rhine water. Some natural filtration through the river banks plus some
german engineering afterwards. ;-)

Josef