Old June 17th, 2013, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default When in the US...

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:28:46 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 21:02:39 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:22:19 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message
Martin wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:15:26 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:01:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Visit Maine - eat huge lobsters, go to Acadia National Park

and when in EUROPE?

Never been to Maine. We have great parks here in the Midwest, too. In
Europe, there so many national specialties, I wouldn't know where to start.
For me, really good bread is the starting point 8-). Germany!

Surely you mean France. :-)

They only make one really boring bread, in my experience. Good pastry,
though.

One really boring bread amongst a plethora of really excellent bread is
good. Which one of the breads in France do you consider to be boring?

The only one I was offered.

On that basis you could think that all French wine is rubbish too.

On the contrary, I had some excellent wine there. They didn't keep serving
the same one every time, as they did the "bread".

Blame the tour you took not the French. I spent my very first night in
Greece in an awful hotel where everybody else was on a package holiday
with the food included. The food was near inedible and had little
semblance to normal Greek food. Conversations with the other guests
resembled talking to inmates of Colditz. I half expected there to be
an escape committee.

Actually, I've had excellent food on other Elderhostel trips I've taken.
In other countries they included better bread.

That's hardly the fault of France or the French.

The local(French) agency actually running the day-to-day course of the trip
certainly was responsible forit.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPady