Old February 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Steven Goodman

The closest place to catch the bus from Club Med is in front of the
Westin; the big pink hotel next to Club Med. Just walk along the beach,
and walk between the Westin and the next hotel, and there is a bus stop
right at the main road. When you come back, if you want to go to the CM
entrance make sure you get a bus that goes that far, many turn around at
the Westin.

If you are willing to be "adventureous" going into town is interesting.
If you get a few blocks off the main streets it becomes less touristy,
but few people speak English. But they still all take dollars!

There is a cute little ruin in the Cancun hotel zone; Ruinas sel Sol (or
something). It is close to CM, right on the main road so you can take
the bus. It is a nice place to go see and get a break from CM. Worth
maybe an hour of walking around, more if you bring lunch. They were
building a museum next to it, but I have no idea if it is finished.

Steven Goodman

Mike H wrote:
Taxi will run about $10 - 15 each way, or the bus picks up just at the
Club Med entrance (but it's a 15 minute walk to the entrance). The club
usually has a 'semi-official' "go downtown and party" outing once a week.
It's not as convenient as some of the resorts on the main strip, but being
a little away from the strip has some advantages also.

For Myan ruins, I'd suggest Chichen Izta. There are others closer (Coba
and Tulum) but they are not as impressive. (We've been to all three.)
It is a full day trip (2.5 - 3 hours each way). The Club Med does offer
a very nice trip that has an extra bonus of being able to utilize the
Club Med Archological village just outside the entrance to Chichen Izta.
(Check my Club Med Cancun review from 2002 for more details on this.)

Mike

wrote:

How easy is it to get from Club Med to downtown if a person wanted to
do that a couple of nights? I don't necessarily think we will want to
do that every night, but it might be fun for a couple of nights.
Regards,

Slacker