Old August 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Best 21" Rolling Carry-On

Gregory Morrow wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Goomba wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

I wonder how strict they are about that? Are flight attendants no
longer available to assist elderly and/or handicapped passengers?
What about able-bodied but short passengers, who can lift the bag but
cannot REACH the overhead bin? (Some of those bins are very high -
one of the occasions when I really miss the two-and-a-half inches I
have lost as my spine compresses with age!)
You must have missed this on Gadling-

http://www.gadling.com/2008/07/15/ga...-want-me-to-d/
Why would I have even looked for it? I always check all but one clearly
"carry-on" bag which I have no problem carrying onto the airplane (I
require a wheelchair to get to the gate from check-in). The fact I am
no longer tall enough to reach overhead bins (which have been elevated
by several inches from the height they once were, back when air-travel
was actually enjoyable) seems a legitimate reason for needing help. I
was under the impression flight attendants were PAID to assist
passengers who require assistance, not just to be glorified waitresses,
using the boarding period to catch up on their gossip.

It's written into FA union contracts that they don't have to handle
passengers' heavy luggage...

If a passenger can't lift their carry - on into the overhead bin, then they
shouldn't take it aboard...

Is there something wrong with your reading comprehension, Mr. Morrow?