Old November 20th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Sam

You did not mention if this was your first trip to an AI in Cancun.

The hotel, because it is older is under CONSTANT renovations. This may
or likely will interfere with your sleeping if you wake up after 8AM.
Originally, the Caribe (older looking tower) was quieter and much
nicer, but I read a recent review on another site that it is now
geared for younger, rowdy folks. Marco Polo is a nice restaurant, I
recommend it. Kids pool?? Technically, there is one, however, I
have never seen it in use.

As far as tips go, prepare for the unexpected: rooms that have
inadequate air conditioning. Rooms can be musty and smelling. Be
prepared to use the elevator as the elevator is often on fritz. One or
both jacuzzi's may be out of service and or cold. Avoid the time
share people in the lobby. The hotel isn't bad, but definitely not 4
or 5 star quality.

"Steve" wrote in message
: Can anyone give me the skinny on this place??? What tower should I
: request, what one is newer. what building is near the kids pool ?
: Good Resturants...Any tips would be helpful. first time staying here
: (2/05). Thanks