Old May 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:12:41 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy) wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2006 21:39:42 +0100,

(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy) wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

[]
You guys are RICH! Damn, if only your neighbours had learnt a thing or
two from you...

Don't put Italy and Austria down now!

For economic growth, Slovenia's got it worked out. For now.

Just because Slovenia is very successful doesn't mean that the Balkans
are in the economic doldrums. The growth rates are healthy- admittedly
more for some than others.

Only because they're working their way up.

A good start.

Eastern Europe is in its
golden day, but I don't know if it will ever be as rich as the west.

Depends what part. I read recently that Estonia's growth could make it
one of the richer EU countries in a few years- given its tiny size, not
a huge change in the make-up of the EU, I admit.

--
David Horne-
http://www.davidhorne.net