Old April 16th, 2006, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Don't set sail on a cruise without doing some research first

As for personal opinions vs. actual experience, some seem to indicate that
with only 12 cruises under my belt, vs. others with 20 to 30, they obviously
know a lot more of what they're talking about. Yet, even though currently
working on our 13th cruise, there will always be someone who has been on
more cruise than someone else. Doe that mean the person who has the most
numbers wins? However, our numbers also include booking far more clients on
cruises than anyone could have possibly been on personally. So we're not
simply on the outside looking in. And besides, what do numbers have to do
with it? I've owned many cars in my time, driven even more. Yet, that
certainly does not make me an expert mechanic.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do welcome and appreciate the real experience
others have gained from decades of sailing. The only problem that I can see
now and then, is how they choose to present it. Does it indeed comes from
the heart as helpful recommendations, or a form of ignorance and a
know-it-all attitude? That comes through loud and clear as the latter on
this newsgroup.

John

"Warren" wrote in message
oups.com...

John Sisker wrote:
I am always open to
learning more, provided we are indeed talking facts here and not just
more
personal opinions. However, there is also a big difference between
suggestions and opinionated rebuttals.

Unfortunately John, you dismiss as "opinion" the real experience that
many of us have gained from **decades** of sailing **dozens** of
cruises on practically every ocean and itinerary. When I and others
post our "rebuttals" it's not merely conjecture - we've been there,
done that. Looking at the names who have been "talking facts" in
response to your many uniformed posts, it is safe to say that
collectively (and in some cases individually), we provide far more
accurate facts and information whether you provide it directly or by
posting what other unknown entities have written.

Warren