Old August 26th, 2011, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
gtr

Default Help Us Find a Cafe in NL

On 2011-08-20 01:58:22 -0700, Martin said:

There are pancake places all over Holland. There is no need to search
for them.

For that matter there are pancakes all over the world. Why leave home?
If there is a food item more ubiquitious than pancakes, I'm not sure
what it is.

Nevertheless, we all love to return to places where we had a good time, no?

Maybe you could be adventurous and try some where else? :-)

Curious you should mention that. We almost never return to the same
place twice with very rare exceptions. I figure there is always
something more interesting/curious/frightening/tasty/funny in another
another restaurant, town or country.

We call ourselves "lateral diners": If we had the greatest X of all
time at a restaurant we may return, but you can be sure the one thing
we won't order will be the X. Similarly it's a rule that we can't
order the same thing.
--
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use.