Old April 9th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Binyamin Dissen

Default Orbitz lost ticket & won't reissue

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 12:00:06 +0100 Hilary wrote:

: I purchased round trip tickets last March 20th. I went through Orbitz and was
: only offered the paper ticket option. They were to be here by now but weren't
: so I called Orbitz. I was informed Orbitz had mailed them, and could not
: reissue or remail and so I need to repurchased these round trip, coast to coast
: tickets.

: They want me to send the old tickets back and THEN they will mail me new
: ones....duh.

: Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get Orbitz to remail these tickets?

:So it's not that *Orbitz* lost the ticket, but that the mail service did?

It doesn't matter.

Orbitz is responsible to make sure that the goods get delivered.

Orbitz may have a cause of action against the delivery service, but it is not
the responsibility of their client to run it down.

:File a complaint that with the relevant mail service. (I'm presuming
:you had just used regular mail, not anything trackable.)

He didn't do anything.

Orbitz did.

:Then contact the airline, say your ticket was lost in the post. They
:won't reissue tickets, or authorise their reissue, until a day or two
:before travel, in case they turn up.

:You shouldn't need to pay again, but if the original tickets turn up
:afterwards you will need to send them back. There will be reissue charges
:for the tickets, though.

If there is, the portion of the charge should be refused. Orbitz failed to
deliver the goods.

:And in future, always pay the extra to get any paper tickets send by an
:insured and trackable service.

It is the vendors aka Orbitz's responsibility to deliver the goods.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com