Old July 13th, 2004, 09:23 PM
PTRAVEL

Default Worth staying in a classy hotel?

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
"PTRAVEL" wrote:
What I always find interesting is that people like us, who prefer nicer
hotels, have no problem respecting the choices of the super-budget
travelers. However, it's usually the super-budget travelers, like the

OP,
who insist on criticizing those of use who don't enjoy shared baths and
dormitory-style rooms when we travel.

I gotta say, from where I'm sitting it's been mostly the other way in
this newsgroup lately (cited antecedent post excepted).

miguel

I've only recently started revisiting rec.travel.asia, as I'm in the midst
of planning a trip to Japan, China and Cambodia. At least on the other
travel groups, there seems to be a certain cache to roughing it, i.e. it's
not really travel if you stay in anything above a 3-star. I can't say what
it's been here, but the language of the original post in this thread
certainly suggests a prejudice against those for whom hosteling is anathema.