Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:08 PM

I swear I would not eat these xiao-lon-bao anymore but just could not
resist each time. Why? My tongue got burned everytime I eat them. I
don't want any juice to escape so I drop the whole thing in my mouth
but could not wait for it to cool before puncturing it. In Hang-Zhou
we had the best xiao-lon-bao, paper tin skin, almost transparent,
steaming hot and full of juice, If I remember correctly, 10 in a
bamboo tray for RMB$4. That's 50 cents US. Here in New Jersey they
sell for $5 a tray and customers are lining up for the far less tastier
knock off.