Old August 29th, 2007, 07:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
DevilsPGD

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

In message
(VS) wrote:

In article . com,
Alain Quai wrote:

GENEVA (Reuters) - The global airlines body IATA said on Monday it
had placed its last order for paper tickets, clearing the way for air
travel to be based entirely on electronic ticketing from June 1 next
year.

My, and it seems like only yesterday our resident licensed attorney,
Paul Tauger, was advising us that an e-ticket is not a written
contract, and that the statute of frauds precludes enforcement
of non-written contracts. I wonder if they changed the statute of
frauds since then, or if IATA is in violation.

The eTicket isn't a contract, but the purchase, promise of service and
billing certainly forms a contract.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.