Old February 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
a.spencer3

Default Egypt Tours - Any Recommendations?

"Dave" wrote in message
I have two weeks booked in mid September. Will be travelling from
London, UK. I would like to see as much of Egypt as possible in those
weeks (not too rushed however). I've seen tours via trailfinders and
onthego. Would there be any other recommendations anyone would like to
share with me?

Am hoping not to spend more than £1000 (including around £200 for
return flights) per person and will be travelling as two.

Many thanks and kind regards,

If you want to see as much as possible within 2 weeks on, presumably, your
first visit:

Certainly use a package - but it needn't cost as much as £1,000.

Take the air option from Aswan to Abu - half-an-hour flight and far more
time there - saving towards 8 hours of very boring car drive.

Take an extra day out for Aswan itself - numerous sights there as well as
the dam!

Extend time in Luxor after the cruise. 3 days for Luxor/Valleys/Karnak
should be the absolute minimum. Try the short-distance to Dendera, just
north of Luxor - one of the best temples of all and rarely visited by tours.

Cherry-pick the inevitable Cairo Museum tour - maybe the Tut stuff and
mummies? Otherwise you could be in for hours of corridor-wandering.

Many other tips if you want 'em, but these are the basic 'errors' first-time
visitors can make.

Enjoy!

Surreyman