Old February 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Egypt Tours - Any Recommendations?

Alan S wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:59:39 -0800 (PST), Dave
wrote:

I have two weeks booked in mid September. Will be travelling from
London, UK. I would like to see as much of Egypt as possible in those
weeks (not too rushed however). I've seen tours via trailfinders and
onthego. Would there be any other recommendations anyone would like to
share with me?

Am hoping not to spend more than £1000 (including around £200 for
return flights) per person and will be travelling as two.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Ask me in May, when I get back. I will be doing a nine-night
trip with Osoris in March. Cairo, including Giza and the
Museum, train to Aswan, car day trip to Abu Simbel and back
to Aswan (flights are booked out), three nights on the Nile
back to Luxor, flight back to Cairo for a couple more
nights. Individual driver and/or guides.

We spent two weeks there. First week in Cairo, then the next on a boat
on the Nile. The flight to Abu Simbel from Aswan was an option we
decided not to do. I'm sure it's very interesting, but we felt a bit
amazing historic buildinged out(!) and just spent the day wandering
around Aswan.

We had a tour guide on the Nile cruise, and it was well worth it. We
managed Cairo fine, but the constant pestering can be a distraction, and
I consider myself fairly good at ignoring it... A guide will usually
avoid this problem.

Cycling (without a guide) around the west bank (Valley of the Kings
etc.) was one of the highlights of our trip.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the