Old June 24th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:26:59 -0500, (Miguel Cruz)
wrote:

John Bermont wrote:
All of the rail passes I have purchased have had my passport number on
them. It is written in by the agency selling the pass. Conductors may
request to see your passport to verify that you are the person entitled
to the rail pass.

And have you ever seen them look for more than 1/4 of a second?

Yes. But that was nine years ago.

Showing an Irish passport would probably result in having your rail pass
confiscated.

You really think so? Really? When about when you turn around and produce a
US passport, in this highly fantastical scenario? Or will they already have
burned the pass in the aisle by then?

Assuming you're smart enough to then present your US passport,
except if you were that smart you wouldn't have presented your
Irish passport in the first place.