Old June 24th, 2005, 11:05 PM
John Bermont

Jean S. Barto wrote:
Hi folks--

I have a question about the *fine print* of the Eurail passes. I live in
the USA and am a US citizen. I also hold a Republic of Ireland passport due
to applying for it a few years ago (my grandfather was born there and I was
able to apply for Irish citizenship based on that. So, technically I
suppose that makes me a *dual national*--however, my main residence is the
USA and I have never lived in Ireland

When I go to Europe next spring I'd like to travel on my Irish passport. Am
I able to use a Eurail pass while using an EU passport? I'm not really sure
how long I'll be in Europe, but would be 2 to 3 months, maybe more--but
perhaps not enough time to be in Europe long enough to establish residency
anywhere there. Im asking this question because I havent seen it addresed
anywhere else.

Thanks,

Jean in VA

I don't know if anybody above asked the obvious: Why would you want to
travel on an Irish passport since you are an American and hold a USA
passport?

* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/