Old June 25th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Hatunen

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:46:19 +0000 (UTC), Juliana L Holm
wrote:

In rec.travel.europe Hatunen wrote:
All of the rail passes I have purchased have had my passport number on
them. It is written in by the agency selling the pass.

Odd, that. When I bought our Eurailpasses over the Web from
www.railpass.com they didn't have our passport numbers on them. I
don't believe we even had our passports then, and I know they
didn't ask for them. Perhaps if you buy them over the counter?

I cannot vouch for Eurail as I have never used them. I have, however, used
German Rail passes which I got with no passport number on them. The first
time I used them, they put the passport number on them.

Huh. The German rail passes are available to all comers so why
would a passport even be necessary?