Old June 25th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Hatunen" skrev i meddelandet
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:46:19 +0000 (UTC), Juliana L Holm
wrote:

In rec.travel.europe Hatunen wrote:
All of the rail passes I have purchased have had my passport number on
them. It is written in by the agency selling the pass.

Odd, that. When I bought our Eurailpasses over the Web from
www.railpass.com they didn't have our passport numbers on them. I
don't believe we even had our passports then, and I know they
didn't ask for them. Perhaps if you buy them over the counter?

I cannot vouch for Eurail as I have never used them. I have, however,
used
German Rail passes which I got with no passport number on them. The first
time I used them, they put the passport number on them.

Huh. The German rail passes are available to all comers so why
would a passport even be necessary?

It's personal and sold only to people permanently residing outside Europe.
Thus it must have the holders name and passport number (eventually an ID)
The similar thing for Europeans is "EuroDomino Germany", not available for
German residents thus a name and passport or ID is required for use.