Old May 20th, 2004, 02:44 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Mastercard ATM problems: Warning!

S Viemeister wrote:

Madonna wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Madonna wrote:
Since when do 800 numbers work in Turkey?

Why wouldn't it? They work pretty much everywhere else in Europe.
Just dial 001 first.

"800 numbers can only be used in the United States and Canada"
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20020513e.asp

In most cases, they CAN be used outside North America - but you will be
charged at standard rates. It won't be a free call.

That's probably why my Amex travel medical policy tells its
policy-holders to call collect from overseas, although they have an 800
number for the U.S. (However, with the urgent problem the OP
encountered, I'm sure whether or not he'd have to pay for the call was
not uppermost in his mind!)