Old January 8th, 2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Julie

Default Camping with easy access to Sydney city centre?

I have stayed here many times. It is really close to the city and the bus
stops outside the caravan park. The bus takes you to Chatswood station and
from there you go directly to the city. The caravan park is part of Lane
Cove National Park and it is a very quiet and peaceful place close to the
centre of the city. You can buy a day ticket on the bus - and that will
allow you on all buses, trains and most ferries for the day.

http://www.lanecoverivertouristpark.com.au/home

Driving down from Brisbane, if you have the time call into any of the
beaches. Just make a left turn off the highway at some of the signs -
preferrably the smaller towns. Very friendly people, magnificent beaches.

Julie

"Hawkins" wrote in message

http://www.familyparks.com.au/Carava...asp?ident=avvv

schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Hi,

Can you help me with the following questions?

My friend and i would like to camp close to 'easy' public transport
into Sydney city centre... can you recommend a good campsite? (perhaps
there is a good camp site close to a train station??)

Also, we will be driving down from Brisbane... any suggestions on what
is worth looking out along the way? What would be the best route for
enjoyment?

Thanks a bunch,
Jay