Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default SIM Cards

In article me.nl,
Frank Slootweg says...

Be *specific*. AFAICT there is no number called "hotline" and what the
heck does "in theory" mean?

yawn

If you call the *right* number, i.e. the number in the supplied
documentation (You *did* actually *read* the instructions, didn't you?)
you get connected to an *automated* response system. AFAIR, the *whole*
procedure is automated, so I doubt that the *computer* had a holiday.

Once again: even the kiosk owner who checked with Vodafone confirmed
that the hotline of Vodafone was not operational on that day.

And yes, I called the right number.

Sigh! I didn't say that he *asked* for an address, but that you have
no way of knowing if he *supplied* an address or not.

What the clerk does is 100% irrelevant, as long as a foreigner does not
have to supply an address which he/she does not have.

After my earlier responses I read a bit of your 'travelogue', of your
*first* trip of no less than *eight* days. I think I've seen (more than)
enough! Let's hope for the Aussies' (and my) sake, that it was your
*last* trip as well.

Sigh. Take it easy and relax for a while. I just reported what happened
with Vodafone in Australia.

By the way, one more post like this and I'll start filtering out your
posts.
--

Alfred Molon