Old February 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

Default California: Southern, Central, Northern?

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:06:34 +0000, Terry Pinnell wrote:

I'm trying to download some 1:24000 topo maps for use in my mapping
program, Memory-Map. But their digital map shop interface is a
masterpiece of poor design. One (relatively minor) problem is that it
splits California into three separate maps: Southern, Central and
Northern. But doesn't provide any outline maps or definitions.

Are these formally recognised areas? If so, could someone point me to a
map clearly showing the boundaries please?

I'm pretty sure that's the USGS breakdown for the purposes of the index
maps that show the topo sheets available. These index maps can be bedsheet
sized for the large western states, so a breakdown is almost a necessity.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow